Universal Pass is a government initiative to make the travelers life easier in Covid situations. One can apply and download their Universal Travel Pass from epassmsdma.mahait.org. Continue reading to know all about Covid Universal Pass.
Universal Travel Pass – All You Need to Know: Covid was tough. But living life and getting back to normalcy post covid has been tougher. While the new covid strains keep appearing, so do the government rules and restrictions. Governments, all around the world have put several travel restrictions and various protocols as a precaution against the virus. The citizens too, initially faced quite a difficulty not only with respect to the awareness of these protocols but also in terms of their procedure. With the growing rules and regulations, keeping up with the latest and most credible information had been a strenuous task.
One such hitch was faced in traveling. Since there were many citizens, especially the healthcare staff who used the regular local train or public transport services, the Government Of Maharashtra introduced the system of Universal Travel pass or QR Code pass that was issued to the healthcare workers and essential services, and served as their identity card, to ease their access to railways and local trains during the restricted times.
This article will serve as a user guide for Universal Travel Pass.
It will answer all your questions from basic to the most complicated ones.
Table of Contents
- 1 Universal Pass Overview
- 2 What Is a Universal Pass?
- 3 What are the Levels Of Restrictions?
- 4 Why should you get Universal Pass?
- 5 What does it consist of?
- 6 What documents are required to apply for Universal Pass?
- 7 How an individual can apply for Universal Pass?
- 8 How to apply for Universal Travel Pass using Telegram?
- 9 How an establishment can apply for Universal Pass?
- 10 Universal Pass link
- 11 FAQs
Universal Pass Overview
|Service Name||Universal Travel Pass|
|First Launched by||Maharashtra Government|
|Authority||Disaster Management, Relief & Rehabilitation Department, Government of Maharashtra|
|Purpose of issuing the UTP||To allow Intrastate as well as Interstate Movement amidst Restrictions|
|Permission also includes||Maharashtra Local Train and Buses Travel|
|Universal Travel Pass Registration Form 2023||Available on epassmsdma.mahait.org|
|Type of Pass||QR Code|
What Is a Universal Pass?
The Universal Pass as an initiative by the Disaster Management of the Government Of Maharashtra was well applauded and so was eventually was adopted by The Central Government Of India to issue the pass to make inter-state travel easier. The pass authenticates their vaccination status and makes not only their travel easier but also their stays at malls and restaurants and other public places. The travel pass is given with a travel category level. The applicability of the pass is all over the country.
What are the Levels Of Restrictions?
The Maharashtra Government had planned 5 travel category levels- based on the severity of the spread of the virus, for which the pass would act as a certificate of their vaccination. If the state had level 3 restriction, then people with at least level 3. But, if the state suffers from a severe spread of the virus, and has level 5 restrictions, a citizen with only and only level 5 on their pass could travel.
In case there is Level 1, there are no restrictions on movement. For level 2, not more than five people can come together without a valid reason, however, there are no restrictions on the movement of people. In the case of Level 3, a curfew is imposed from 5 pm in the evening until the next morning, and assembling of not more than 5 people are allowed without a valid reason. If there is a Level 4 or a Level 5 restriction, there is an imposition of a complete curfew with the strict prohibition of movement except for a scheduled hour or two. Interstate travel is permitted until level 4. However, at level 5, an e pass is compulsory for movement.
The government comes up with new ideas and innovations as often as it can. However, uncertainty over the policies, and speculations and debates over them are a quite natural aftermath. Thus asking questions like “Is it really worth it”, “Should I go for this” or “Will this really help me in the long run” are quite ubiquitous.
Hence, through this article, we try to reflect upon the benefits of the Universal Travel Pass and the benefits- direct or indirect, that it can provide to the general public!
Why should you get Universal Pass?
The Travel pass is issued by the central government for the ease of all the citizens. While the basic purpose is to provide easy access to all the public places and the use of public transport for the vaccinated citizens, it provides other benefits too:
- Ease in inter-state travel
- No need for carrying separate identification cards for the people for fully vaccinated citizens.
- The QR Codes are supposed to be scanned using a QR Code Reader or smartphones that would further aid in identifying fake travelers.
- Cases of fake IDs will be subsequently reduced
- People involved in medical, education can travel easily across the country.
- Travelling during covid could be easier, especially for emergency services.
- Booking tickets become easier via the Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS) which asks for your Universal Pass ID. (In case your application doesn’t work or asks for the ID, you can update its latest version from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store)
- It is convenient to show the pass while traveling and ensures safe travel.
- It prevents the hassle of repetitive RT- PCR tests and their verification
- It ensures that there are emergency and essential services available and accessible to all the people, especially in their hour of need.
What does it consist of?
- Name of the applicant
- Gender of the applicant
- Travel category level
- A photograph
- A QR Code
- Date of receiving the first dose
- Date of receiving the second dose
- Applicant’s beneficiary ID
What documents are required to apply for Universal Pass?
Documents Required for the Submission
In order to submit your form successfully, certain documents are required pre-submission. Following is a list of those documents
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Registration Certificate
- Government ID Proof
- Registered ID
- Registered Company
- Industrial Papers
- Registered Mobile Number
How an individual can apply for Universal Pass?
In case you have yet not got your travel pass, here are the steps you can follow to apply for yours:
- First, visit https://epassmsdma.mahait.org/login.htm the official website of the Universal Pass.
- Click the link “Universal Pass for double vaccinated”. It will further display an application form.
- Enter your mobile number which will generate an OTP that would be sent to you on the same number.
- Submit the OTP and click on “Generate Pass”.
- As the page will show all your details. You must check them carefully.
- Click on “Upload Photo” on the form. Select the picture from your device. Please make sure that the size of your photo to be uploaded, is less than 3MB.
- Click on the “Apply” option.
- As you will submit the form, an SMS will be sent to the registered number within a day (24 hours).
- Once you receive the SMS, you can visit the link again and download your Universal Pass
- Click on “View Pass” and then “Download”.
How to apply for Universal Travel Pass using Telegram?
Citizens can also use the Telegram App for the submission of their Universal Travel Pass Application. You can search for @MahaGovUniversalPassBot on the telegram search bar. The same form would appear on your screen. After the verification, a link to download your Universal Pass would be sent to you on your telegram or via your SMS to your registered mobile number.
How an establishment can apply for Universal Pass?
- Go to the official website as mentioned above. (https://epassmsdma.mahait.org/login.htm)
- Click on the “UTP” option on the home page.
- Select “Register your Establishment”.
- A form would appear on the screen. Fill in all your details correctly. Recheck them to be sure.
- You can take the help of the coordinator for the staff details like name, department, phone number, etc.
- An SMS will be sent to the staff member for verification.
- Members can now use their phone numbers to log in to the portal.
- After you have successfully logged in, a clear and visible photograph of the applicant would have to be uploaded.
- The Pass is generated after 24 hours of uploading the picture.
- Voila! You can now finally download your Universal Travel Pass QR Based
Are you in a dilemma if you can apply for it or not?
Let us guide you through it!
Well, there are certain conditions that you should satisfy in order to be eligible to apply for the Universal Pass:
1. You are a citizen of India
2. It is important that are an adult i.e. 18 years or above in age.
3. You should have two doses of the covid vaccine
4. You should have completed two weeks (i.e. 14 days) after the second dose.
5. You must have all the documents required for the submission of the form (Don’t worry, we have listed them below, just scroll down)
6. It must be noted that children cannot apply for the pass.
The Universal Pass basically ensures faster and safer domestic travel. Thus, it is better to ensure that you apply for the pass after 14 days of receiving your second dose so that you can get your card as soon as possible and have a convenient stay and travel. Also, you need to make sure that you buy domestic travel insurance for further secured travel.
It is also important that upon receiving the link, you download the pass and keep it safely in order to ensure convenience.
In case you apply as soon as you receive the last dose, you would receive the pass once the 14 days period is over.
Yes, the pass that was initially launched by Maharashtra, was first applicable only in the state. However, with its eventual adoption by the Central government of India, the universal pass has now been made applicable all across the country.
Wondering how the UTS Mobile App Works?
We got you!!
1. You must download the UTS Application from the Google Play Store or the Apple store. Existing users can update their application from the same.
2. In case you already have an account and are an existing user, you would only require your login ID and password. However, if you are a new user, you would be required to sign up/ register yourself with the required details.
3. Select your city, e.g. “Delhi” or “Mumbai”.
4. Now, click on “Normal Booking” and purchase your ticket.
5. A paperless and environment friendly version of the ticket would be downloaded and stored on your phone.
Yes, as per the instructions by the government of Maharashtra, you can get a monthly pass from the railway station after showing your e-pass. One benefit of this would be that upon showing the latter, you would not have to worry about the verification and the time taken for the former (Monthly Pass).
E-Pass thus makes it pretty easy for an adult with two doses of vaccination to travel in Maharashtra and other states. The online portals of the Universal travel Pass system make it easy for the masses to access their e-passes.
We hope that all your queries and doubts regarding the Universal Travel Pass have now been solved!