Pharm.D stands for Doctor of Pharmacy is a six-year course for doctorate-level students. During the course, students have to spend 5 years in academic study and the last 1 year will go on an internship.
When it comes to thinking about the eligibility criteria for the Pharm.D course, the students must have completed 10+2 from the recognized college and qualify for a diploma in Pharmacy from the Pharm.D College that must be recognized by PCI. The Pharm.D admissions are done on the right basis of the merit list or entrance examination. There are several entrance examinations available for Pharm.D and these are including BV SET, MET, GPAT, etc.
When it comes to the fee for the Pharm.D courses, it will be INR 6,00,000 to INR 20,00,000. There are different types of job profiles in which Pharm.D graduates can successfully make their career in the pharmacy sector with a big salary package. Pharm.D graduates can become Pharmacists, retail pharmacists, drug experts, hospital pharmacy directors, hospital staff pharmacists along with clinical pharmacists.
Table of Contents
All about Pharm.D Course
- The Pharm.D course is divided into mainly two stages. The first stage includes an academic study which is 5 years and the second stage is internship and residency training that mainly involves pharmacy practice along with clinical pharmacy service.
- The Pharm.D course was launched in India in the year 2008 by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- Doctor of Pharmacy course is a solid combination of science along with the art of dispensing medicines. Students are mainly going to study medicines and different combinations. They will study clinical pharmacy and medical pharmacy.
- After completion of the course, students can gain skills in diagnosis, therapeutics, and usage of drugs along with the selection of diseases and treatment.
- The students can perform various tasks including monitoring patients, diagnosing diseases, and many more.
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Average Course Fees Incurred||INR 6,00,000 to INR 20,00,000|
- What Is M Pharmacy – Full Form, Course Duration, Fee, Job opportunities
- What Is D Pharmacy – Full Form, Course Duration, Fee, Job opportunities
- What Is B Pharmacy – Full Form, Course Duration, Fee, Job opportunities
Why Should You Study Pharm.D Course?
After completing Pharm.D, there are a lot of things you can achieve in your life. Since the Pharm.D course has its advantage, one can achieve unparallel heights in the career after doing the Pharm.D course. The possibility of participation in various sectors is mentioned below.
- Community Participation
Pharmacists are a vital component of the community since they help patients and residents with their health and well-being. They also catered to minorities.
- Wide Career Options
There are different types of career options one can choose after completion of Pharm.D. Pharmacists can work in various organizations including nursing homes, hospitals, colleges, and the medical industry.
- Team Members of Healthcare Officials
They collaborate with other experts to maintain continuity of care. They are making a significant contribution to the reduction of chronic disease management. They also work in clinics, counseling patients.
Pharmacy industry is growing rapidly and the demand for various drugs is also growing like never before. This is the reason; it will be a wide selection of jobs that would rightly meet your needs.
- Flexibility While Working
When you are doing any job, you are flexible to choose the right kind of working time according to your convenience. You can opt for the day shift or night shift according to your wish and in this way; it will be easy for you to do the job continuously.
Pharm.D Admission Process
The admission in various Pharm.D courses is mainly done based on the entrance examination. The admission to the majority of the Pharm.D courses is mainly done on a merit list basis. The merit list is mainly prepared based on marks that have been obtained in the 12th or equivalent examinations.
Here is the process of Pharm.D courses.
Eligibility for Pharm.D Courses
- Must have secured 60% marks in the 10+2 exams in the recognized board.
- Relaxation up to 5% marks for the reserve categories like OBS/SC/ST.
- Candidates who have completed their Pharm.D courses with 40% in aggregate can also be eligible to study Pharm.D course.
- Students who have a science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics according to the subjects.
- There are some colleges or universities that conduct eligibility criteria as the common entrance test for admission.
List of Universities/Collages Offering Pharm D
Here is the list of the universities that are offering Pharm.D courses.
- Chandigarh University
- Annamalai University
- Saurashtra University
- Jaipur National University
- BIT Hyderabad
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- JNTUK, Kakinada
- Integral University, Lucknow
- Chitkara University, Chandigarh
- Vels University, Chennai
Yes, the Pharm.D course is a good career choice because many people are still not aware of the course and they end up paying higher amounts of money as course fees.
The form is mainly available online on various colleges’ official websites. You can fill up the form from the concerned website or can go for the offline form options to physically fill up the application form.
The top required areas for the Pharm.D course are health centers, drug control administration, and medical dispensing stores.