A diploma in pharmacy is a 2-year and career-oriented diploma course that is best to meet the students’ desire who wish to make their career in the pharmaceutical industry. Since it is a growing trend, there are many students getting admission to the D Pharma course, D Pharmacy admission is mainly done based on either merit or through an entrance exam. Candidates must have to pass their 10+2 exam by securing a minimum of 50% marks. Plus, they should be from the science stream to pursue the D Pharmacy course. The D Pharma holder’s average annual course fee ranges from INR 1,00,000 to INR 10,00,000.
The D Pharmacy syllabus is mainly designed to prepare the candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in various hospitals, community pharmacies, and other pharmaceutical-related fields. Candidates can also pursue MBA in Pharmaceutical Management if they want to pursue their masters in this field.
Table of Contents
Overview of D Pharmacy
|Course Full Form||Diploma In Pharmacy|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Age Eligibility||Minimum age limit is 17 years|
|Minimum Aggregate Score Requirement||35%- 45%|
|Selection Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam|
|Subjects Required||10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics or Biology|
|Average Course Fees Incurred||INR 40,000 – 1 lakh per annum|
|Advanced Options of Study||B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Pharm.D|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3.0 lakhs per annum|
|Employment Roles||Hospital Pharmacist, Community Pharmacist, Production Chemist, Production Technician, Medical Representative, Pharmaceutical Wholesaler.|
- What Is B Pharmacy – Full Form, Course Duration, Fee, Job opportunities
- What Is M Pharmacy – Full Form, Course Duration, Fee, Job opportunities
- What Is Pharm.D – Full Form, Course Duration, Fee, Job opportunities
Important Facts to Know about D Pharmacy
- Students must have completed Class 12 or the equivalent in a relevant discipline from a recognized board with an overall grade point average of at least 50% to apply to this course.
- D Pharma course enrollment is either entrance- or merit-based. GPAT, JEE Pharmacy, and other entrance exams are the most popular.
- In India, colleges and universities often charge between INR 10,000 and INR 1,000,000 per year tuition for this program. The cost varies depending on the institution’s nature.
- Students who complete this course will be qualified to work as pharmacists, scientific officers, quality analysts, production executives, medical transcriptionists, etc. in a variety of private and public sectors.
- The starting wage for a pharmacy diploma holder typically falls between INR 2,000 and 5,000 annually, with potential for growth based on years of experience and expertise.
- After completing this course, students can enroll in B Pharma and other Diploma courses to continue their education and develop their academic research. In essence, this course offers a strong foundation for subsequent research and related opportunities.
Why Should You Do D Pharma?
D Pharma offers several advantages as a course of its own as well, and it offers opportunities that provide an edge over other job scopes and roles. Some additional reasons that inspire students to pursue the D Pharma course are mentioned here.
- Social Responsibility
Because they shape the healthcare industry, pharmacists have a significant impact on society. They support a society’s citizens’ well-being and general health.
- Wide Career Opportunity
Pharmacists can work with businesses including hospitals, nursing homes, colleges, and the entire medical sector.
- Possibility of Career Growth
The healthcare industry is dynamic and ever-growing. Candidates for careers in healthcare enjoy a wealth of growth and development opportunities.
- Maximum Working Flexibility
Pharmacist jobs are round the clock so; you can choose the shift that will meet your needs. It can be either day or night.
Who Should Pursue D Pharma?
Students who want to make their career in the healthcare sector must pursue D Pharmacy students who want to pursue a solid career in the Pharmaceutics industry and want to start their diploma course can get admission to the D Pharma course.
Candidates who want to pursue MBA in Pharmaceutical Management can also pursue a D Pharmacy course which will help them to achieve their dream.
When Should You Do a D Pharmacy?
There are various time frames to get admission to the D Pharmacy course.
- Candidates can pursue a D Pharmacy course after completing their 10+2 in the science stream.
- Students who have secured a minimum of 50% marks and wish to pursue a career in the Pharmaceutical industry can also apply for the D Pharma course after finishing their 10+2.
Eligibility Criteria for D Pharma
Students who want to pursue a Diploma in Pharmacy course must have to fulfill these given eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 from any recognized board.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subject.
- The candidates must have secured 50% marks in their 10+2 exam.
- Candidates who are belonging to SC/ST/OBC will be given a 10% relaxation in marks. Different abled and other reserved categories also get the 10% relaxation mark during admission.
The Admission Process of D Pharmacy
Admission for D Pharmacy can be done on a merit basis and an entrance exam. Here is the detailed D Pharma Admission Process.
Merit-Based Admission Process:
- Candidates have to apply to the colleges or universities that they wish to take admitted to.
- Must have a good score in Class 12th exams.
- In due time, colleges release their merit lists and check if you are eligible for admission into the desired course or not.
- If you found that, you are eligible, you have to visit the college and submit all the required documents.
Universities/Collages Offering D Pharmacy Course
- Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology
- Adamas University
- Brainware University
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
- Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences
- Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
Yes, it has a lot of scope in the future.
Various private and government hospitals are the primary areas of D Pharmacy. So, it will be a brilliant decision to take admitted to the course.