The National Council of Vocational Training is essentially an advisory body. It is set up under the government of India. State-wise administration of the different ITI institutes under it is done by the State Council of Vocational Training or SVCT. NCVT certificates however pertain to national-level certification. ITI trade courses are affiliated with this central body as well. In most NCVT ITI programs there are four semesters. Once training is complete, all successful applicants are issued NCVT certificates. Students will find their certificates on the NCVT portal, provided by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. They also need to verify their training certificate on the NCVT Portal.
Table of Contents
What Is NCVT?
This is a governing body that serves as a qualifying body for vocational colleges all over India. National Council of Vocational Training covers five main types of vocational courses and training programs conducted through ITIs and other DGT-approved institutes. This umbrella body was set up in the year 1956. Today there is a comprehensive portal of NCVT. It provides access to all covered programs, registration for the same, checking of results, and downloading of certificates.
What Is the NCVT MIS Portal?
The setting up of the NCVT portal and digitization of the exams has been recently implemented. Most ITI exams are conducted through four semesters. Now all semester results can be checked and downloaded from the official MIS portal of NCVT. This has become effective from September 2022. Students are also advised to register their accounts once they are enrolled in any NCVT program. They can find their scorecards as well as digitally signed certificates on this portal.
The portal provides access to several courses such as those under:
- National Council of Training in Vocational Trades
- Craftsman Training Scheme or CTS
- Apprentice Training Scheme or ATS and
- AITT or All India Trade tests
Major Exams under NCVT
This governing body conducts courses, and examinations and issues certificates under five categories:
- All India Trade Test
Exams under this category are under the Directorate General of Training directly. Examinations are held twice a year.
- Apprenticeship Training Scheme
The scheme aids applicants to take part in industrial training. The courses or programs are tailored as per industry standards and requirements.
- Craftsmen Training Scheme
Courses under this scheme help increase quality as well as many industrially trained craftsmen. This in turn helps decrease the unemployment rate in the country. It can help bridge the gap between unskilled workers and the need for skilled laborers.
- Craft Instructor Training Scheme
This scheme rains instructors who in turn will lead the craftsmen training programs across the different ITI colleges in the country.
- All India Competition of Apprentices
This scheme includes all India tests of different apprentice training programs.
How to Download the ITI Certificate or Mark Sheet Online?
With all NCVT-certified courses becoming digitized, whether you are looking to download a course certificate or ITI marksheet verification, you can get it on the official portal of NCVT. Once an exam is completed, mark sheets and certificates are made available on the portal for all applicants.
Steps to download the NCVT ITI mark sheet of an exam are as defined below:
- Candidates need to visit the official site of NCVT MIS ncvtmis.gov.in Home page of the portal opens up directly with the login window.
- Applicants need to enter login details like ID, password.
- They will find the MIS option under which they can select the NPIU tab.
- Here they can choose to download the mark sheet of a completed examination.
Also check: How to Download the NCVT MIS ITI Marksheet
NCVT MIS ITI Certificate Verification
For trainee certificate verification candidates can find options on the same NCVT MIS portal. This allows them to verify their results, and know break up of marks of different categories. It also allows them to raise queries if they wish to contest the results.
Steps for NCVT MIS ITI certificate verification are as follows on the NCVT MIS portal:
- Aspirants need to visit the NCVT MIS portal or visit this link directly for results. ncvtmis.gov.in
- On this web page, they will find a verification option.
- There is a drop-down list where the mark sheet verification option is available.
- Applicants will need to key in their login details.
- Once their login credentials are validated results are displayed.
- Applicants can then check all necessary information; they can download and save the mark sheet or proceed to downed the final certificate; they can also raise queries if required; there is a period of timeline given within which candidates can raise queries. If no queries are raised within that time then the final certificate is issued.
NCVT MIS ITI courses are now available on the comprehensive portal of NCVT. With most registration, application, and even examination procedures being digitized, this platform will act as a single point for all processes. Applicants can find information about the different ITI courses here, they can click on the links and find registration details as well. Mark sheets and final certificates are also being made available here. Applicants as well as authorities can check and verify mark sheets and certificate details as well.
You need to log in with your details at the NCVT MIS portal.
Yes, you can do so at the NCVT MIS portal after logging in with your applicant credentials.
Yes, you can download your course certificate from the NCVT MIS portal.