E Shram Card is a government-approved electronic system for the submission of documents and applications to the Government of India. It can be used by students, scholars, job seekers, entrepreneurs, and others to apply online for various government benefits like scholarships and visas. The E Shram portal provides an easy way for workers to register with the portal by providing all required information such as name, address, etc. You can submit your application form online.
Table of Contents
What Is E Shram Card?
The government of India has launched an initiative called E Shram Card. It is a smart card issued by the government of India for the welfare of its citizens. The Government of India started the E Shram Yojana to provide social security to workers in unorganized sectors. E Shram Cards are used to access public services such as banking and mobile money, insurance schemes, medical treatment, etc, which include social security benefits like old age pension or widow pension. To avail of these benefits one must possess an E Shram Card or register one online before they expire if they have not been renewed.
What Is E Shram Portal?
The E Shram Portal is a one-stop solution for all the information related to E Shram Card. The portal provides easy access to information regarding:
- Eligibility criteria and application process.
- Eligibility of individuals who are eligible for an E Shram Card by following various steps in the online application form.
- It also provides details on how you can download your E Shram card, as well as how it can be used for availing various benefits and services offered by government departments like the income tax department, etc.
How to Register for E Shram Card?
E Shram card registration is an easy process, although you will need to visit the E Shram portal. Once there, you can fill in the form and submit it. To do so, you can follow these steps:
- Go to eshramcard.gov.in.
- Click on the “Register for E Shram Card” button at the top left corner of your screen.
- Then enter your details like First Name, Last Name, and Email Id where they will send all further updates regarding your application.
- After filling out all required details click on the “Submit” button at the bottom right corner of the page which takes you back to the home page.
- Here you can see pending cases along with status updates regarding them.
E Shram Card Benefits
There are many advantages of having an E Shram card. The objective of the E Shram portal is to collect the database of unorganized workers to provide them with the benefits of various government schemes. Some of the major benefits include:
- E Shram card is a proof of identity for all the employees.
- E Shram card is a proof of address for all the employees.
- E Shram card is used by employers to verify the identity of the employee in the unorganized sector.
- It is an official document that can be produced at any police station or court if there is any problem regarding your employment or salary payment. Although, it may not be used as legal proof in case of disputes between employees and employers regarding salary payments.
E Shram card is an important document that is issued by the government of India to the citizens of India. Moreover, through the use of an E Shram card, laborers and workers in the unorganized sectors can get various benefits, such as a pension after 60 years, death insurance, financial aid in case of incapacity, etc. All this ensures better facilities and better quality of life. However, the main objective of the E Shram card is to provide access for unorganized workers to all the new government schemes and facilities through the E Shram portal.
After the successful application. you can check the E-Sharm card application status and download in PDF format. Check the process. E Shram Card Download
Yes, workers can apply for E Shram card anytime by visiting the online portal.
Yes, workers must renew their E Shram card to avail of all facilities.
E Shram card registration can be done on the official E Shram portal.
After successfully generating your E Shram card workers can easily download it in PDF format.