Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022 initiative has been started in the state of Rajasthan by the present Chief Minister of the state. It mainly targets to empower women in the state. This scheme endeavors to empower women by giving them smartphones enabled with internet connection. Here we look at who would be eligible for the scheme and how they can register under it. We also look at how the scheme was launched and the initiatives behind it.
Table of Contents
Budget Offerings 2022 by Rajasthan State Government
The Rajasthan budget that was presented this year included many progressive offerings for the state. For instance, a separate budget for agriculture was presented for the first time, for the state. It also launched a work-from-home initiative for women as well as a scheme to give smartphones to 1.3 crores of the women population of the state.
This women empowerment scheme flows from the earlier initiative launched, the Chiranjeevi Yojana. This initiative was to extend medical coverage to low-income families, especially in the rural sector. Objectives of this scheme mainly included extending health insurance to families that come under NFS, BPL, and SECC category. Contractors and small farmers also come under this scheme. Families who are not eligible can also seek coverage under this scheme by paying a minimal amount of Rs 850 annually. The scheme, which was launched in 2021, aims to cover major illnesses, treatment costs of COVID-19, and hemodialysis expenses.
This health scheme had some basic criteria for eligibility. For instance, applicants needed to be permanent residents of the state and a lower economic segment. They needed to be Jan AADHAR card holders. Applicants could also be Samvida workers, families who were in the COVID-19 ex-gratia category, contractual farmers, and so forth.
The women who registered and were found eligible for the Chiranjeevi Yojana have been added as eligible for the digital services scheme as well. However, apart from that, women in the state can also apply for benefits under the digital services scheme.
Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022 – What it Is All About?
Rajasthan government has been launching several initiatives that aim in empowering different segments of the population. The Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022 is linked to the previous social welfare scheme that was launched, the Chiranjeevi Yojana. This welfare scheme aims to empower and uplift women of the state. Those who registered under Chiranjeevi Yojana would also be eligible for this initiative. This scheme aims to provide all women in the state with a free smartphone and free internet access. The privilege would extend for 3 years. As per eligibility, all women in the state would be eligible. The state government would be distributing about 1.3 crore smartphones that would have internet connectivity. To apply for the same women of Rajasthan have to do so online.
This scheme was launched as part of the state budget that was announced in February 2022. That was when the Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022 was first announced. It stated that women who headed families and had registered under the Chiranjeevi Yojna would get free smartphones and 3 years of internet connection on them. This was planned for one crore 33 lakh families who registered under this scheme. The Chief Minister also talked about implementing work from a home scheme for women of the state in this budget.
Features of This Scheme
Highlights of Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022 are the following:
- The Yojna has identified 1 crore 22 lakh women who registered under the Chiranjeevi scheme to be given smartphones.
- The project will spend Rs 2500 crore per year to give women free smartphones along with internet connectivity for 3 years.
Besides women who are registered under this scheme, other women can also apply, as long as they fall under the eligibility category.
Find Your Eligibility
This scheme is part of the larger initiative started by the government of Rajasthan, under the leadership of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. He started the Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana under which this scheme falls. The digital services scheme plans to distribute smartphones to the registered 1 crore 33 lakh Chiranjeevi women, many of whom are Mahila Mukhiyas.
Those who are eligible will need to follow certain steps to register themselves under this scheme. Instructions are provided on the official website as well.
Steps to Follow
Firstly, eligible beneficiaries need to ensure that they are listed on the scheme. To do so the steps are:
- Visit the official website of the state: rajasthan.gov.in where you will find the scheme mentioned.
- On the main page find the link to check your registration status.
- When the registration page opens up you need to key in the Jan AADHAR number.
- After that, you need to click on the option to search.
- If your name is included it will showcase details as per your Jan AADHAR number that is name, father’s name, and eligibility status.
- If “yes” is shown below eligibility status then you would be a beneficiary of the scheme.
To avail of this scheme, women citizens in the state of Rajasthan need to visit the official site of the state, rajasthan.gov.in. Here they will find the application form to enter or register for the Mukhyamantri Digital Seva scheme. Once they do so they can claim its benefits.
Before that, they need to know whether they are eligible for the scheme. For this, they can fill out the form and check the status of the same online. Here they will know whether they are eligible for gaining benefits under the Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022 scheme.
Highlights of Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022
|Name of Scheme||Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022|
|Launched by and Year||Rajasthan state government in the budget of 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Women in the state|
|Total Beneficiaries||1.3 crores|
|Aim of the Scheme||Distribute smartphones to women|
|Eligibility||Women from low-income families and those registered as beneficiaries of Chiranjeevi Yojana|
|How to Apply||Online application|
|Where to Apply||rajasthan.gov.in|
Benefits of Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022
This scheme will provide the following benefits to eligible women citizens of Rajasthan:
- All citizens can apply for the scheme online.
- If they are eligible for the schema then they will receive a smartphone with the latest features.
- The smartphone will come with 3 years of prepaid internet service.
- This smartphone will help users follow all the digitization policies of the government.
- Women can avail of other schemes as well by applying online through their phones.
- This scheme will help empower women to take part in the digitization initiatives of the state.
How to Apply for Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022
The steps to apply for this scheme are as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Rajasthan government: rajasthan.gov.in.
- You can then click on the link called “Schemes”.
- Here you will find the link to register for Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana.
- When the registration page opens it will ask for details such as your name and family income details.
- When one completes filling up the form and submits it they will be provided with a registration number.
- The steps to register for this scheme are similar to applying online for Chiranjeevi Yojana.
After registration is complete registered candidates can check the status of their application by visiting this page again. They would be asked to key in their application number.
Who Would Be Eligible?
To be eligible for this scheme you need to comply with the following conditions:
- You need to be a citizen of the Indian state of Rajasthan.
- Women can only apply or register for this scheme.
- Those who are already registered under Chiranjeevi Yojana will be eligible for this scheme.
- The low-income category is also essential; women whose family income is less than 3 lakh per year will be shortlisted for this benefit.
The above conditions are what will ensure that women would be eligible to get smartphones under this scheme.
Mukhyamantri Digital Seva Yojana 2022 is one of the many initiatives announced by the Rajasthan government this year. It aims to empower women of low-income families in following in the footsteps of the digitization initiative of India. The scheme will support internet connectivity for the issued phones to all beneficiaries.
Details of the scheme and how to register can be found on the official Rajasthan government website: rajasthan.gov.in.
Women, who are residing in the state of Rajasthan, own a Jan AADHAR card of the state, and are of low-income families with less than 3 lakh per year can register for this scheme.
Benefits include getting a smartphone with internet connectivity for three years.
To check the more updates on Government scheme. Please check Govt Scheme.