CBSE has officially released the CBSE Class 11 Syllabus for the session 2022-23. Know all the details in this article
The Central Board of Secondary education releases the official syllabus for each class each year. The latest update with respect to the examinations for classes 11th and 12th is that the board has lifted the pattern of two-term examinations and has returned back to the annual examination pattern. The examinations thus shall be conducted as power the pre-covid norms, usually in the month of March. Hence class 11th will also be prepared in the same manner.
In this article, we aim to guide you through not only the syllabus of each subject but also explain to you how the right analysis can easily put the ball in your court.
As a student, we do things only when we are told the logic behind it and in no other way. So, what is the reason behind the emphasis on analyzing the syllabus?
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11
A syllabus comprises many important details for the students. It not only contains the topics to be covered in each chapter but also acquaints you with the weightage of each chapter.
So, are there any other benefits of checking the CBSE Syllabus for class 11th?
- Class 11th is often the year when the students start preparing for the competitive exams or start working on the skills they wish to pursue. This along with the increased academic pressure spares the students with no time to waste. Adequate knowledge of the syllabus saves you time as you won’t focus on unnecessary topics.
- The syllabus is changed every year. While a few topics are scratched off, at times there are also a few that are added. This makes it crucial for a student to know what they have to study.
- Students can also focus well and score good marks by following Syllabus Analysis (and consistency ofcourse)
What is Syllabus Analysis?
Syllabus analysis is the first step toward preparation. In class 11th, the course is vast and so the students must know where to start!
Syllabus Analysis includes:
- It is primarily making a list of all the topics and subtopics that are included in the syllabus. Make sure that you have struck off all the unnecessary topics and subtopics as well so that you do not waste your time preparing things that won’t count
- Then, take note of the weightage of each chapter and the most asked topic from each chapter. This is to ensure that during revision you can revise the most important topics first. You can also make more efforts in the conceptual understanding that are more important with respect to the examination.
- This will help you further plan and organize your study sessions and divide the preparation time for each subject accordingly.
RELAX! WE HAVE GOT THE SYLLABUS COMPLIED FOR YOU!
Subject wise CBSE Class 11 Syllabus
Students must take note to opt for only those subjects that they wish to continue in class 12th.
Syllabus of language subjects (GROUP – L)
There are 38 alternatives presented to class 11th students by the CBSE. The student must opt for either Hindi or English. Both the subjects can be offered simultaneously too. The syllabus for each subject is listed below. You can click on the link to view the syllabus of the respective subjects.
Syllabus of Academics Elective Subjects (GROUP-A)
The primary agenda of subjects in this category is for the students to achieve holistic development and acquire skills that they can use in real-world scenarios. The aim of CBSE is to not limit the students to theoretical knowledge, but rather application-based knowledge. The students are allotted their core subjects from this category
The students can choose from the big list of 40 subjects, the syllabus of which is one click away. You can click on the subjects to access their syllabus for the session 2022-23.
Syllabus of Skills Elective (Group-S)
The skill subjects are offered by the CBSE to further widen the learning horizon of the students. The subjects are carefully chosen to provide a better learning experience to the students for a better future in the ever so advancing world. The list of all the available alternatives are given below. You may click on the subjects to check out their syllabus for this year.
|COMMON FOR ALL SKILL COURSES||EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS|
In case you are still choosing the subjects to opt for, there are a few things to keep in mind:
You cannot choose both physics and applied physics. Similarly, you cannot opt for chemistry and applied chemistry or mathematics and applied mathematics together. The affiliated schools can’t offer business studies and business administration or accountancy and cost accounting simultaneously as well. Students can only opt for one out of Computer Science and Information Technology.
You can also check the CBSE Academic for more knowledge on CBSE Class 11 Syllabus.
As per the latest guidelines by the CBSE, a student of class 11th will have to study 6 subjects.
English core provides you the basic knowledge of the language, the grammar, and the literature, whereas the Elective gives you rather more specialized knowledge of the subject.
Electives are those subjects that you get to choose. They are not compulsory and you will be provided with a list of subjects to choose from.
1 thought on “CBSE Class 11 Syllabus 2022-23 PDF (All Subjects)”
What is the process of form for 11th class this year 2023