The National Testing Agency is responsible for conducting NEET UG 2022 examination. The result of the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test-Undergraduate (NEET-UG) has been declared on September 07. 2022. Candidates who have appeared for the NEET-UG test can download their results from the NEET UG official website neet.nta.nic.in. Since the NEET UG 2022 results have been declared, undergraduate medical aspirants are waiting for counseling. According to sources, the NEET UG counseling 2022 will start on the 25th of September. The officials also assured that the process of NEET counseling is not going to be delayed further. The National Medical Council (NMC) also has decided to renew the permissions for all the medical colleges based on the affidavit for the academic year of 2022 to 2023.
NEET UG 2022 examinations held on July 17, 2022. Almost 18.72 lakh candidates had registered and 95% of them appeared in the examination. Once the candidates clear the NEET exam, they start to apply for the counseling process to secure admissions.
- Overview of NEET UG Counseling 2022
- How to Apply for the NEET UG Counseling 2022
- 2022 NEET UG Counseling
- Choice Locking Process of NEET UG Counseling
- Counseling Charges for NEET 2022
- Choice Filling for NEET Counseling 2022
- The Seat Allotment for NEET Counseling 2022
- The Documents Required for NEET Counseling 2022
- What Is New in NEET Counseling 2022?
- mcc.nic.in neet ug 2022 important dates
Overview of NEET UG Counseling 2022
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- Undergraduate|
|Organization Name||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET UG Exam Date||17 July 2022|
|NEET UG Result 2022 Release Date||7 September 2022|
|Exam Category||Entrance Exam|
|Counselling Authority||Medical Counselling Committee|
|Commencement of NEET Counselling||First week of October 2022 (Expected)|
How to Apply for the NEET UG Counseling 2022
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- UG result declared on 7th September 2022 and the next step for the successful students to register for medical counseling to take admission in their preferred colleges through NEET Counseling Schedule 2022 online. Undergraduate medical seats in India have been divided into state and all India quotas on an 85-15 basis. The respective counsel authorities will conduct the counseling and let the students take admitted to their eligible medical colleges.
The director of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) is responsible for conducting NEET UG Counselling 2022 for All India Quota admission. This is known as uniform criteria. You must know that the NEET UG examination was conducted on 17 July 2022 and for this purpose, there were more than 19 lakh aspirants registered.
Here are the steps that you must follow to apply for the NEET UG Counseling 2022.
- Visit the website of the Medical Counseling committee at mcc.nic.in.
- Select the UG Medical Counseling section on the home page.
- Then a link for the registration will be visible. click on that link.
- Put the required information and register on that portal.
- Login and fill up the application form.
- Upload the required documents, make the payment of the registration fee and submit the form.
- Appear for the NEET 2022 counseling choice filling and locking.
- Seat allotment results in allotment.
- Report the allotted medical college.
- Take a hard copy of the application form for future use.
NEET counseling is around the corner and it is expected that MCC will announce the availability of the seats in different institutions on the official website. Candidates can download their NEET rank card from neet.nta.nic.in to participate in the counseling process. They have to keep the hard copy of the NEET application and show it when required.
2022 NEET UG Counseling
According to the provision, the state counseling authorities will organize the NEET UG 2022 online counseling (state quota only) while the Medical Counseling Committee will organize the mcc.nic.in NEET Counseling on 15% AIQ (All India Quota) seats. The aspirants who are qualifying for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- UG can choose both counselings.
The NEET 2022 counseling for UG is mainly done for admission in all participating colleges in India. The MCC will organize centralized MCC NEET UG counseling 2022 for aspirants from all categories. It is also crucial to note that the UT of Jammu and Kashmir is not part of the NEET UG counseling process 2022.
Choice Locking Process of NEET UG Counseling
The date for the NEET UG Counseling 2022 dates has been released by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) and it is 25th September. The counseling is scheduled to be held through the official website mcc.nic.in. The seat allotment process will begin after the completion of NEET UG counseling and the choice filling process in 2022.
Before the counseling in 2022, MCC will announce the seat matrix. It is all about how many seats will be in which institute on its official website. To participate in the NEET UG 2022 Online counseling process, aspirants have to download their rank card from neet.nta.nic.in and they have to keep the application form ready.
Before MCC NEET Counseling 2022, MCC will announce the availability of seats in different institutes on its official website, and participants should keep their rank cards ready to participate in the counseling process.
Counseling Charges for NEET 2022
After candidates have completed the registration process, then they are promoted to pay the NEET counseling fees in 2022. There are various payment options available to complete the payment process. Candidates can use Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking for completing their transactions.
Candidates belonging to the General category have to pay INR 1,000 for Central Universities and INR 5,000 for Deemed Universities. This amount is non-refundable. Plus, the General Category students have to pay INR 10,000 as a tuition fee for the Central Universities and INR 2,00,000 for Deemed Universities. These fees are refundable.
Candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC/PWD have to pay INR 500 as a registration fee for Central Universities and INR 5,000 for Deemed Universities. All of these fees are non-refundable. These candidates have to pay INR 5,000 as Tuition fees for Central Universities and INR 2,00,000 for Deemed Universities. These fees are refundable.
|Category||Registration Fee for Central Universities (Non-Refundable)||Registration Fee for Deemed Universities (Non-Refundable)||Tuition Fee for Central Universities (Refundable)||Tuition Fee for Deemed Universities (Refundable)|
|General||Rs 1000||Rs 5,000||Rs 10,000||Rs 2,00,000|
|SC||Rs 500||Rs 5,000||Rs 5,000||Rs 2,00,000|
|ST||Rs 500||Rs 5,000||Rs 5,000||Rs 2,00,000|
|OBC||Rs 500||Rs 5,000||Rs 5,000||Rs 2,00,000|
|EWS||Rs 500||Rs 5,000||Rs 5,000||Rs 2,00,000|
|PwD||Rs 500||Rs 5,000||Rs 5,000||Rs 2,00,000|
Choice Filling for NEET Counseling 2022
Candidates have to fill in their choices or preferences since the third step of the NEET counseling 2022 is in process.
Follow these steps for filling up the preference.
For filling NEET preference in the counseling 2022, they have to follow these steps.
- Log in to the official portal of MCC using the credentials.
- After the login is complete, the candidates have to choose their preferred course and colleges.
- Candidates can fill in any number of choices or preferences from the list provided on that page.
- If they want, can also add or delete a choice from the list along with setting them in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice.
- After selecting the preference, the candidates are required to finalize and lock their preferences for NEET counseling in 2022.
Once the choices are made, they can’t be edited later. Plus, keep a copy of the preferences for future use.
The Seat Allotment for NEET Counseling 2022
- MCC prepares a loss for seat allotment of NEET Counseling 2022 for the candidates.
- The list is mainly prepared based on the All-India Rank obtained in NEET 2022 along with the preference filled by the candidates.
- Seat allotment for NEET counseling is uploaded in a list on the official website of MCC.
- Once, the seat allotment is done, a letter gets issued to the selected candidates for NEET counseling in 2022.
- The seat allotment list is mainly released after the cover of each section of NEET counseling.
- After everything is done, then come the mop-up rounds. These are mainly conducted for the seats that are yet to be filled.
Seat allotment is one of the most important parts of the NEET counseling 2022. It allows qualified candidates to get a seat in their preferred medical colleges according to their convenience.
The Documents Required for NEET Counseling 2022
Valid documents are an important part of the counseling process. Therefore, candidates have to carry the below-mentioned documents during the NEET counseling 2022 procedure. Ensure, the documents are original and you have also carried with the copied one.
- NEET Admit Card 2022
- NEET 2022 Rank Card or Rank Letter 2022
- High School (HSC or Class 10) Mark sheet and certificate
- Senior Secondary School (SSC or Class 12) Mark sheet and certificate
- Certificate of Birth
- Proof of Identity should be original and valid, non-expired and government authority-issued photo identity proof
- Caste Certificate if required
- Around six color passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
What Is New in NEET Counseling 2022?
There are a lot of things that have been inducted into the counseling process of NEET Counseling 2022 for this current year. The authorities have inducted them to make the complex counseling process simplify and there will be no hassle for the candidates while appearing in the counseling. Here is a list of the updates for the year NEET Counseling 2022.
- The number of participating medical colleges in the AIQ NEET counseling process has increased in this current year. The number of medical colleges was 193 last year and this year, it has increased to 235 medical colleges PAN India.
- Apart from increasing the number of medical colleges, the number of seats also has increased this year. In NEET counseling 2021, the number of medical seats was 4064 but in the current year, it has increased to 4591. This significant increment of the medical seats aids the students.
- MCC has decided 85% of the seats of both Vardhman Medical College and ESIC College will be conducted at the same time. However, the administrative process of IPU was responsible for conducting the counseling on these seats previously.
mcc.nic.in neet ug 2022 important dates
|NEET Official Website||neet.nta.nic.in|
|Notification||NEET UG 2022 Notification|
MCC is responsible for conducting the NEET 2022 counseling and it has declared 25th September as the counseling date. One thing is to keep in mind that there was a delay in conducting NEET counseling last year. The reason was, a Supreme Court case on the provision of 27% reservation to OBC and 10% to EWS candidates in the AIQ seats was going on.
The NEET counseling fee for the AIQ is INR 1,000 for unreserved category students and INR 500 for reserved category students.
MCC will conduct 4 rounds for NEET counseling 2022 and it includes mop-up and stray vacancy rounds.
The candidates, who have cleared NEET cut-off 2022, are automatically eligible for the AIQ and State level counseling. 15% of the AIQ counseling will be conducted by MCC and 85% of state counseling will be conducted by the respective state authorities on their official website.
The NEET seat allotment letter is required to complete the admission process. After the completion of the seat allotment process, if a candidate is satisfied with the seat he or she has got, they can download the allotment letter. This letter is required while reporting to the respective college for the verification process. These crucial documents ensure that the candidate is original and the college gives admission.