Achieving the highest rank in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) exams is an esteemed accomplishment. CBSE toppers are awarded numerous prizes, benefits, and recognition. This article explores the various CBSE Topper Prizes and Benefits available for Class 10 and 12 students.
Table of Contents
CBSE Toppers List for Class 10 and 12
Each year, CBSE releases the toppers list for Class 10 and 12, featuring the highest-scoring students in the country. These students receive numerous prizes and benefits from both the Central and State Governments.
Central Government Prizes for CBSE Toppers
In 2013, the Education Ministry awarded Rs. 1 lakh to 200 CBSE Class 12 toppers, as reported by Hindustan Times. However, it is unclear if this scheme is still ongoing. These 200 toppers were equally divided among four streams: science, humanities, commerce, and vocational.
In addition to cash prizes, CBSE Class 10 and 12 toppers receive benefits during college admissions, including fee concessions and expedited admission processes.
INSPIRE Scheme for CBSE Toppers
The Department of Science and Technology introduced the INSPIRE scheme to support CBSE toppers pursuing higher education in the Science field. Under this scheme, 10,000 scholarships are offered annually, providing INR 80,000 per year for students pursuing Natural Sciences.
State Government Prizes for CBSE Toppers
State governments also award prizes to CBSE toppers, as well as their respective state board toppers. States such as Haryana, Jharkhand, Delhi, and Uttar Pradesh have introduced cash prizes, laptops, and other awards for toppers. However, the current status of these schemes is unclear.
Benefits for CBSE Toppers
Being a CBSE topper has numerous advantages for students, including:
- Recognition and respect: Toppers receive significant attention from news channels and social media, resulting in widespread recognition.
- Awards and prizes: Toppers are awarded various prizes from both Central and State Governments.
- Scholarships: Toppers receive scholarships for further studies and academic pursuits.
- College admissions: Many colleges in India offer seats to toppers without lengthy admission processes.
- Priority for international education: CBSE toppers are given priority over other students when pursuing higher education in foreign institutions.