CBSE Class 12 Odissi Dance Syllabus 2022-23
ODISSI DANCE (CODE NO. 059) Theory
Total Marks: 100
- Elementary knowledge about the three styles of Chhau: Mayurbhanj, Seraikella
- Brief notes on the lives and contribution of the three Gurus: Guru Pankaj Charan Das, Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra and Guru Deba PrasadDas.
- Elementary introduction to the texts; Natya Shastra, Abhinaya Darpana, and Abhinaya Chandrika: a) Identification of the author (approximate date) b) Basic overview of the broad areas covered in the context of each text. c) Myths regarding the origin of dance according to eachtext.
- Basic understanding of the term ABHINAYA and definition of its four aspects: angika, vachika, aharya andsattvik.
- Rasa: Definition and short explanation of the
- Short notes on:
- The Aharya
- The music accompaniment
- Brief explanation of the following terms: (Unit IV Class XI)
- Nritta, Nritya andNatya
- Matra, Laya, Taal, Avartana, Vibhaga(Anga)
- Tandava and Lasya d) Natyadharmi and Lokdharmi
- Write some names of Folk Dances of Odisha
Odissi Dance Practical
- Learning and practice of onePallavi:
- Definition of the term
- Demonstration of theitem.
- Recitation of the ukutas of the item
- Identification of the Raga, Taal and the Choreographer of
- Identification of the hastas and the bhangis used in
- Ability to show different Paad bhedas
- Practice of Patak Hasta Mudra Viniyog acc to AbhinayaDarpan
|Download Syllabus PDF||Click here|
|Complete Syllabus||Class 12 Syllabus|