CBSE Class 12 Bharatnatyam Dance Syllabus 2022-23
BHARATNATYAM DANCE (CODE NO.057)Theory
Total Marks: 100
Theory Marks: 30
- Acquaintance with life history of the chief exponents and contributors of the past of the Dance form. (Rukmini Devi Arundale, Balasraswati, Meenakshi Sundaram Pillai, Tanjorequartette)
- Acquaintance with the contents of the Abhinaya Darpana. (The chapters and the aspects of dance dealt within them).
- Knowledge of the following terms:
- Nritta, Nritya, Natya (Sanskrit slokas from the Abinaya Darpana and basic definition) Tandava (7 tandavas with detailed stories) Lasya, Lokadharmi, Natyadharmi (Definitions with example)
- Sthana, Chari, Mandala, Bharmari, Utplavana (Slokas and meaning from AbinayaDarpana)
- Abhinaya (Angika, Vachika, Satvika, Aharya-slokas from the Abinaya Darpana along with the meaning)
- Sangeeta, Tala, Laya (Definition of the term, seven talams, threelayams)
- Rasa (names of the nine rasas and their Englishmeanings)
- Knowledge of the technical terminology of the particular Dance form (any one to be studied in accordance with the Dance style offered)-
- Definitions of the following: araimandi, muzhumandi, kuttanam, korvai, karvai, adavu, shollu, aradhi, theerumanam, jati, jaati, gati, avartana, yati, taalanga, thattukazhi, nattuvangam,arangetram)
- Acquaintance with the traditional costumes, make up of the Dance
BHARATNATYAM DANCE Practical
- Revision of all the adavus in class XI
- Jatiswaram in Rupakataal
- Padam on Krishna or Keertanam on Shiva/Krishna/Vinayaka/Rama
- Tillana in Adi taalam
- Ability to repeat the adavu* syllables in Rupaka and Triputa Talas, knowledge of the Sapta talas with hasta kriya (taalanga andsign)
- Hasta-Viniyoga of 14 Asamyuta (upto Chandrakala hasta) and 12 Samyuta, Hastas (Upto Chakra hasta) and all, Deva Hastas (all AbhinayaDarpanam).
- Knowledge of the Pada, Bhedas, Mandalas, Bhramaris and Utpalvanas occurring in the items learnt (AbhinayaDarpanam).
- Basic knowledge of Carnatic Music-format of the raga system-the 72 melakarta ragams and the music of the itemslearnt.
|Download Syllabus PDF||Click here|
|Complete Syllabus||Class 12 Syllabus|